Sunday, April 25, 2010

Sharing Journals


I spent 2 hours looking for a post I found a few weeks ago about a sharing journal.  Bad news I didn't find it, Good news, I figured out Google Reader!  Are you guys using this??  You can tag different posts in the blogs you follow for later reference.  It's great.  Now all the projects I find that "I have to try" can be organized for use on a later day.  And you know how I am about organizing!!!

Anyway, a few weeks ago, I found a post about a mom and her sharing journals with her kids.  It reminded me of something I did with my best friend in high school.

Basically it is a notebook that you write notes to each other in.  You know how much easier it is to write to each other than talk to each other about certain things.  Now that my daughters are tweens, I worry so much about us not continuing our talks.  Right now, they tell me everything, I want to keep it that way.

So, I made these journals


I took $1 composition notebooks and covered them with scrap fabric.

I will post a tutorial at a later date (when my camera gets fixed, these pics are from an old camera and I wasn't sure how they would turn out)

It is very simple I measured the notebook on the fabric and pinned it:



Turn in right side out and accessorize!

I love this one with ruffles


Don't be dumb like me and sew the ruffles on after you have hemmed the edges. 
I sewed it closed and had to pick them off. 

I also love this one, I made felt flowers



I cut them out with my Sissix, which I never thought I'd use again.  But it worked great.  Then I cut the head off some colored pins I have for the centers.  (I didn't have any beads and I'm working on stash busting, no craft store trips)

They turned out great, my girls love them.  Hopefully this keeps us "talking".

Have a great week!


The Girl Creative

2 comments:

Shayna @ Texas Monkey said...

These are beautiful, they would make perfect Mother's Day gifts, thank you for sharing them.

Sarah said...

Wonderful. Thanks for sharing! Checking out what you're up to today. I having my first weekly Button Swap Blog Hop over at my blog where bloggers can swap buttons. Swapping buttons helps bloggers reach new readers and expand their audiences

You can check it out at http://bloggerchixdesigns.blogspot.com/2010/04/button-swap-blog-hop.html
if your interested.

Post a Comment