Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Spring Chair

It is finally Spring!

Well, if you live in Utah, it is Spring a few days a week and Winter a few days a week.

But I couldn't wait one more minute to start planting FLOWERS

And so I present my newest planter:


I've seen these wooden chairs before and love them as a planter.

I bought a $5 chair at the D.I. (goodwill)



I don't have any during pictures.  My camera has been broken and I just got my lens back from
the shop today.  But this was the easiest project, EVER!



The Hubs cut a circle out of the bench.  That's right, he has MAD skills. 
He's my special helper on a lot of craft projects!



I love hanging basket plants, but I don't really have anywhere for them to hang.
This is the perfect solution.



I painted the chair white and then painted cappuccino glaze over the top.  I wiped off
the glaze and tada!  Easy Peasy

My yard went to crap the last two summers.  I was prego and then my poor son
was pretty fragile last summer.  We didn't get out
much.  So I have a lot of yard work to get back to where
I was before.  But that's what I love about planters!
Instant gratification.  My kind of gratification. 



Happy Spring!



6 comments:

Kendra Goodrich said...

What a great idea! I totally want to try this one, I need something on my porch and I think this is it!

Sachiko said...

Great idea! Very pretty and welcoming on your porch. Thank you for sharing!

Kami @ Sweet Charli... said...

This is very cute! Looks like one of the projects I am up against in the $5 challenge! Thanks so much for voting for me! Your blog is so cute and I am your newest follower! :)

Michele {The Scrap Shoppe} said...

Very cute! I've seen these around blogland and really admire them. Yours looks great with all those yellow petals!

I left you a little something over at my blog this morning. Please stop by when you get a chance!

The Preppy Strawberry said...

Such a cute idea for a planter! I'm a new follower ~ thanks for sharing! ;)
http://thingamajigetc.blogspot.com/

Unknown said...

Cute! Really Cute! Thanks for stopping by Crazy Daisy!

Happy Day,
Jasey @ Crazy Daisy

Post a Comment